Website Developer/Designer - Ottawa
OttawaArea of the position:
Administration, Finances, Acountancy, BankingJob Ref:
3823133Ammount of received applications:
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Provide support with the delivery of communications services and products related to the design, development, maintenance, evaluation and enhancement of Intranet/Internet Websites;
· Upload and post appropriate documents, imagery, and information on the Internet/Intranet Websites, as required;
· Work with the Webmaster to design and maintain the information architecture of the Internet/Intranet Websites, and to plan and develop their features;
· Participate on components of assigned projects related Intranet and Internet Website design, development, maintenance, evaluation and enhancement, and the development of related products and tools;
· Monitor and evaluate Intranet/Internet Websites for quality of content, compliance with standards, use of proper metadata practices, flow, accessibility, navigability of information;
· Identify, recommend and implement corrective action;
· Advise on state-of-the-art practices and potential uses of the Internet/Intranet sites, optimal communications strategies to reach targeted audiences, presentation of information, government and departmental policies (such as Common look and Feel (ClF) standards and accessibility requirements) as they relate to content, and technical issues related to accessibility and ClF;
· Advise on Web content writing guidelines and methods of content management to ensure information is appealing, relevant and current;
· Assist with ensuring that Web content is of appropriate quality in terms of visual presentation, text and information structuring and organization; and
· Write and edit Web content as required; other duties as assigned Audit and Verification essential knowledge required.
· Must be familiar with Dreamweaver for site management, maintenance and coding, WS_FTP, or the ability to FTP within Dreamweaver, and must know Photoshop or Fireworks image software, Technologies and policies.
· Must be familiar with Treasury Board Common look and Feel 2.0 web standards, with utilizing the W3C World Wide Web Consortium for XHTMl and CSS validation, and with the Government of Canada communications policyW3C Markup Validation Service to check the markup of Web documents, WAVE (Web Accessibility Evaluation tool), WAn (WCAG 2.0 Automated Assessment Tool), PWGSC WPSS Validation Tool, Work environment.
· Must have the ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines,
Warning: Please be advised against some of the spams and scams around jobs related websites. We strongly suggest not trusting in those ads or companies asking for money upfront even before starting to work. Some companies would ask you for money to pay medical exams or preparation for some exams or even to check your credit. Jobomas'team is working hard to stop and prevent those fraudulent actions. Jobomas.com is not liable for the content published in its website. All the information published belong exclusivity to the company or user posting the ad. If you have any suspicious that an ad may be a spam or a scan, please report it by clicking
REPORT THIS AD. If you would like to apply for this ad, please click Apply this vancancy.Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Most popular jobs
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |