Is your passion in the nonprofit sector? Special event logistics? Administrative work? We have an excellent opportunity for a Special Events Coordinator
The organized, enthusiastic, self-motivated coordinator will provide support for changing the lives of individuals in the Triangle area through the signature Heart Walk event and will be accountable for volunteer recruitment, administrative support and fundraising activities to reach community participation and income goals. Sales or fundraising skills are needed to engage individuals and businesses of all sizes as donors, participants and volunteer leaders. The coordinator will work with a community based volunteer committee including community partners creating a movement to set people on a journey to better health. Must be team oriented and have outstanding customer service and presentation skills.
What's your motivation? For some it's the opportunity to do extraordinary work or to develop challenging new skill sets. For others it's the ability to make a difference in people's lives or take on growing levels of responsibility and leadership. However you define your professional goals, you have the opportunity to achieve them.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do!
Candidates must apply online does not include the utilization of faxed or hard copy resumes.
Keywords: nonprofit, not for profit, non-profit, non profit, development director, executive director, development, fundraising, fundraise, fundraiser, marathon, gala, special events, sales, business development.
* BA or BS degree or equivalent experience in business/sales or related field.
* 1-3 years relevant work experience, including proven success in sales/fundraising.
* Ability to train, manage, guide, motivate volunteers to achieve objectives.
* Ability to set aggressive goals with clients.
* Ability to plan, work independently and adhere to budget and timeline expectations.
* Superior organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent computer skills.
* Ability to travel and work flexible hours.