Economist - Ottawa
OttawaArea of the position:
Administration, Finances, Acountancy, BankingJob Ref:
3713419Ammount of received applications:
Our government client is currently seeking a qualified candidate for an Economics position:
Responsibilites may include but are not limited to:
· Deriving estimates on the costs of hospitals and morbidity for EBIC, and providing a detailed report outlining the methods that were used to estimate costs and preparing the data for the EBIC online tool.
· Conduct cost of illness estimates by disease categories, age group, gender and province/territory for hospitals expenditures.
· Conduct cost of illness estimates by disease categories, age group, gender and province/territory for lost productivity due to morbidity.
· Write reports on the methodology and results on cost of illness estimates for hospitals and morbidity
· Complete cost of illness estimates for the EBIC online tool
· Masters of Arts degree from a recognized university with specialization in economics
· Minimum of three (3) years recent* work experience in health economics performing economic
· analysis including:
o Canadian cost of illness and injury research
o Economic burden of illness and injury statistical analyses
· Minimum of three (3) years recent* work experience utilising statistical and data management software in SAS, STATA, and SPSS
· Experience analysing CIHI demographic, administrative and clinical databases; specifically with the Discharge Abstract Database (DAD), Hospital Morbidity Database (HMDB), National Ambulatory Care Reporting System (NACRS) and Hospital Mental Health Database (HMHDB)
· Experience with Statistics Canada survey databases; specifically the Canadian Community Health Survey
· Experience using Lotus Notes, Reference Manager, and Data Analysis Extraction System (DEXA)
· Knowledge of discrete choice modelling research
· Knowledge of micro-costing
*Recent is defined as an experience acquired within the last 3 years.
Language Requirement English, French
Security Level I - Enhanced Reliability
If you are interested please apply in this page.
Warning: Please be advised against some of the spams and scams around jobs related websites. We strongly suggest not trusting in those ads or companies asking for money upfront even before starting to work. Some companies would ask you for money to pay medical exams or preparation for some exams or even to check your credit. Jobomas'team is working hard to stop and prevent those fraudulent actions. Jobomas.com is not liable for the content published in its website. All the information published belong exclusivity to the company or user posting the ad. If you have any suspicious that an ad may be a spam or a scan, please report it by clicking
REPORT THIS AD. If you would like to apply for this ad, please click Apply this vancancy.Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Most popular jobs
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |